Innovative Solutions For Africa
Bigen Africa’s structural engineering expertise has evolved over many years. The individual experience of team members encompasses all aspects of structural engineering, including buildings, bridges and civil engineering structures.
Projects of varying complexity and size have been executed over the years for private clients, local and provincial government and government parastatals throughout Africa, the Middle East, the UK and Ireland.
Teamwork is essential to the successful delivery of a project and to that end we develop relationships with all relevant stakeholders and other members of the professional team. We constantly strive to provide innovative solutions to complicated problems.
We add value to our client’s projects from conceptual design stage to completion. The positive synergy between the structures team and other professionals result in truly creative solutions to the challenges of each project.
Value is added by always adhering to the following – regardless of the size or location of the project:
- We maintain an uncompromised commitment to our client’s budget and program.
- Our economy of design is proven in the industry and we take pride in offering the most economic but buildable solutions in all instances.
- We strive to remain at the forefront of our industry by using the latest available technology.
- We maintain flexible and responsive teams that enable us to respond quickly to our client’s needs, especially on fast track construction programs.
- We provide assistance to architects with building technology issues such as waterproofing, facades,masonry detailing, detailing around structural joints and environmentally sensitive designs.
- We have the capacity, resources and experience to manage all projects effectively.
Areas Of Specialisation
- Post tensioned and reinforced concrete
- Advanced structural analysis using the latest finite element technology
- Structural steel design
- High rise buildings
- Building technology aspects
- Retail structures
- Warehousing,cold storage,industrial and mining
- Water works,reservoirs, bridges and other civil structures
- Data Centres
- Healthcare Structures
Our structural engineering team is based in offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria. The Structures team includes highly experienced staff (25 years + experience) complimented by an energetic group of younger engineers with experience ranging from 3 to 15 years. Our clients capitalise on our collective experience and the dynamic interaction within our team. In addition, the structural engineering division has access to a wide network of professionals and experts with whom we have collaborated on projects ranging from high-rise buildings to modern facades and building technology issues.
Bigen Africa has completed a large variety of landmark projects.
- O.R. Tambo International Pier Project
- Mascom Innovation Centre, Gaborone Botswana:
- Bay West Mall, Port Elizabeth
- Dundrum Shopping Centre, Dublin Ireland
- Central Park High Rise Apartments, Dublin Ireland
- Watari Water Treatment Works, Northern Nigeria: (includes 10Ml reservoir)
- Canal Walk Shopping Centre
- Nedbank Corporate Building, V&A Waterfront
- Dynamic Life High Rise Offices, Cape Town
- Telesure Corporate Head Office, Midrand
- SANTAM Head Office , Bellville
- Outsurance Head Office , Centurion
- Shoprite Warehouse, Brackenfell
- Strand Hotel, Swakopmund Namibia
- MTN Data Centre, Centurion
Some Of Our Clients
- Airports Company of South Africa
- ABSA DEVCO
- Various Municipalities
- Various Major Contractors
- Public Works Departments (National and Provincial)
- V&A Waterfront
- Ingenuity Property
- Old Mutual
- Paarl Coldset
- Mirage Leisure and Developmnt
- Stratford Properties
- Capital Property Fund
- Billion Group
- Pioneer Foods
- Hyprop Investment
- People Spaces
Contact Our Structural Engineering Team
Bigen Africa Services (Pty) Ltd
Tel: +27 (0) 12 842 8700
Fax: +27 (0) 12 843 9000
Allan Cormack Street, Innovation Hub,
Po Box 29, Innovation Hub, 0087
Tel: +27 (0) 11 802 0560
Fax: +27 (0) 11 802 0565
Mobile: +27 (0) 83 444 9898
Tel: +27 (0) 21 919 6976
Fax: +27 (0) 21 919 2508
Mobile: +27 (0) 82 509 9515
Tel: +27 (0)12 842 8700
Fax: +27 (0) 12 843 9000/1
Mobile: +27 (0) 71 886 3167